In case you haven’t seen it this will be our route for the 2016 Scooter Cannonball leaving Fernandina Beach, Florida on July 5th and ending in Mukilteo, Washington on July 15th.
A few facts about this year’s cannonball.
- Total miles 3,606 if you stay on the official route, as long as you get all the checkpoints you are free to ride any route you want.
- Oldest scooter is a 1951 Moto Guzzi Galletto.
- Newest scooter is a 2016 Vespa Sprint being picked up just days before the start.
- 6 pre 1980 scooters
- 11 scooters under 175cc – 4 @ 125cc
- 16 Vespas
- Half of all registered scooters are from Piaggio Group (Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio and Vespa)
- Second most common is Honda with 9 scooters
- Typically 40% of those who register do not make it to the starting line
- 10-15% of the riders ride both to the start and home from the finish